Credits

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thankful Thursday # 9


Thank you Lord for another week of your faithfulness!

On August 1, our former President Cory Aquino passed away.


She was our icon of democracy and today, as I watched the Necrological service, I was just at awe at how honest and caring she really was. When she was our president, I was too young to care. But now, after 23 years, I have understood and appreciated what she has done for our country.

Today, I am just thankful for her life and her courage for taking a stand and doing all that she did 23 years ago. For fighting for our country's democracy. I am thankful that her life has inspired so many Filipinos to take pride in being a Filipino. I am thankful that God has used her to spark a flame of nationalism in our hearts.

I am also thankful that I have seen how she lived her life and it is serving as an inspiration and challenge to me. She chose to be live a full life ministering to others in every little way she can.

How about you? What are you thankful for today?

Head to Grace Alone to for more posts.

1 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful tribute.