Credits

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Making Your Home Sing : Quiet Time

Making your home sing Mondays


Making Your Home Sing Monday meme is hosted by my friend Nan! Today, I am finally able to join her meme!

"Every day we are doing something to make our house into a home. What am I doing or going to do today to make my home sing?

It can be an attitude or an action. Motivation, our attitude, baking, encouraging our husband or children (if we have either one), organization, cleaning, saving money....the opportunities are endless."

I have been a stay at home mom for the past 5 years. Aside from the privilege of being a hands on mom, I recently started to use the opportunity of teaching my kids the importance of reading the Bible and praying. God reminded me the reason I wanted to be a stay at home mom. Not only so I can watch them grow and know them intimately but also to guide them and teach them the Word of God.

We started a new routine at our home. Every morning after we take a bath, we would sit down together and read the children's Bible. I will read them the story and explain it to them so they understand. Afterward, we pray together. I believe that starting this habit early in their life is very beneficial and also the Word of God is being taught more clearly.

3 comments:

momstheword said...

What a lovely post, Chris! It is never to early to get the Word of God into their hearts! And to instill in them the habit of a quiet time.

It's hard for us as grownups to sometimes find the time, so doing this teaches them (and reminds us) of the importance of it!

Thank you for linking up today!

PW said...

What a great idea, and time to do it, good habits begin young. ((((((((HUGS))))))))) The Word of God is SO precious, they will always benefit from this special time. :)

Denise said...

Wonderful habits.