Credits

Friday, May 20, 2011

Gifts for Grandparents

I didn't come from an affectionate family. We grew up not having close relationships with our parents. Well, I always longed for a close relationship with my parents but we were raised the traditional way. But thankfully, God changed my heart and even if I didn't get the relationship I longed for, God allowed me to see my parents from a different light. Most of the time, we don't get to spend time with them, especially my dad, because he was always busy with our business and when he was home, he was already tired from work.

Now that I have my own kids, I want my kids to see him as someone they can approach and talk to, unlike what I experienced when I was younger. So whenever there are opportunities, we try to go to Manila to spend some time with them and allow the kids to make some memories with them. I also encourage my kids to make crafts and special gifts for their grandparents who they don't see often. When we have extra cash, and when we see nice gifts, we buy some for them. To let them know that we are thinking of them. I think we should buy those funny coffee mugs so whenever they drink their coffee or tea, they would remember their grandchildren, and hopefully, it would brighten their day.

Gifts for grandparents are my way of showing my parents that I still think of them and love them even if I don't live in their house anymore.

1 comments:

More Than Words said...

I think that is wonderful, Chris!! I think your parents would appreciate all that you do for them!!!