Credits

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

On Evaluations and Assessments

We have been homeschooling for the past 3 weeks now. We have somewhat adjusted our daily routines already. I know and I acknowledge that it is only through the grace of God that we are able to homeschool effectively.

This week, we have been having our quizzes on most of our subjects. Some of the teacher’s guides have built in test questionnaire but most of the time, I have to be the one who will create the test questions. I know that I need to implement a fair and open testing so that I can really evaluate whether my daughter has learned anything from what we studied together. I read the article A Better Way to Assess Students and Evaluate Schools and it really has some information on how to assess the kids other than using tests. Instead of focusing on standardized tests, we must check the work done by the students.

So whenever I want to create test, I can use websites such as ProProfs Quiz Maker. It is a free quiz maker which has many features like security, scoring and time limits. There are over 6 types of quizzes to choose from and you can add videos and images to make the quiz more interesting too! The exam builder results can also be analyzed through stats and reports.

This is a very useful tool for homeschoolers, and it is also available for corporations to use.

0 comments: