Credits

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chia Seeds

With many diseases springing all over the globe, people are now going back to using organic instead of all the artificial products available in the market. From personal care to food to medicine, organic and herbal are the way to go.

My kids love to eat processed snacks and I have been looking around for good replacements. One of the new organic products I heard of is called chia seeds. I read about chia seeds history and I have found out that chia seeds can lower blood sugar and eliminate symptoms of high blood pressure and diabetes. My hubby is diabetic so we are warning our children that they have to watch what they eat so to control their own blood sugar. If they snack on something healthy, it would be much better! It has been mentioned that chia seeds are have naturally high levels of proteins, Omega 3 fatt acids, vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.

I think it is high time that I purchase chia seeds and try it on our food. We usually eat cereals in the morning and according to the article I just read, you can consume chia seeds raw. They are virtually tasteless and odorless.

I am excited to try chia seeds and see some results!


0 comments: