Credits

Friday, May 22, 2009

Weeds

Yesterday, my kids and I did some gardening. I wanted to teach them about weeds and plants. While pulling weeds, I suddenly had an insight. The weeds in our garden were so many already since I didn't pay much attention to our garden for quite some time. Now that I want our garden clean, it is going to take me a long time to remove all of the weeds.

It is the same with sin in our lives. It starts out as a "small" sin. Like refusing to deal with something or someone. Then we allow it to stay in our hearts. After a while, we just realize we have this "big" thing in our hearts. We feel like we are about to explode since we didn't want to deal with it when it was still small, now that it has grown and had taken roots in our heart, it is more difficult to uproot it.

I remember in Hebrews 12:15 it said "See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many."

Time to check our hearts if there are any "weeds" or bitter root we need to uproot.

6 comments:

ceemee said...

That is a nice insight. I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks for sharing! :-)

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

i know what you mean, the longer we put aside the little weeds and not paying any attention to it, before we knew it, it's already a big tall grass that is about to take over our lives and we can't control it anymore.
Nice idea for this blog.

JonaBQ said...

nice to be here. i'll be posted for more spiritual insights from you :d thanks for sharing!

Eds said...

Parang natamaan ako dun ah! Great sis! We'll surely visit for more spiritual insights! Thanks for sharing..

jeng said...

What a beautiful insight ; )

Yami said...

I've known Jesus as my personal Savior in 1985...kaso nanghina...ang tagal na panahon hanggang ngayon...'di pa rin ako bumabalik sa Kanya...although andun pa naman ang faith ko...i wish I could share my story...Anyway, thanks for sharing this site...marami ka matutulungan.